Wednesday, March 24, 2021

"Frau im Schlummer" Work in Progress Update

Here is an update on my latest piece which I am calling "Frau im Schlummer".  This i 9 x 12 graphite pencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper.  

For pencils I'm using 0.5mm Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Mechanical Pencils with $H, 2H, H, HB, B, 2B, and 4B leads.  I am not using any blending tools.   I am building up my tones by making tiny overlapping circular motions with my pencils.  I also vary my hand pressure, less pressure for lighter tones and more pressure for darker tones.  I try to build a nice contrast, a balance of lights, darks, and mid-tones.  

More to come soon!!!!




 

Drawing of Artist Kate Zambrano (WIP)

  Here is an update on my drawing of Kate Zambrano, 9 x 12 graphite pencil on Bristol Smooth paper. Kate is one of the artists who inspires ...